PRIVACY AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA POLICY
In this context, we refer to the collection and processing of personal data belonging to individuals who wish to use the Registration module within the EMAC 2024 platform, including the applications, services, and any dynamic links to other platforms / web pages available within this module.
The EMAC 2024 platform is developed for the Annual Conference of European Marketing Academy, organized by the Marketing School from the University of Economic Studies, between 26 and 31 of May 2024, for which we detail the following:
- To whom does this Privacy Notice apply?
This Privacy Notice applies to the processing of personal data that belong to:
- Our contractual partners, i.e. providers, customers (“Business partners”);
- Visitors and users of our website: https://emac2024.org/ (“Users”);
- What is personal data?
According to GDPR, 'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
- The legal basis of processing
For all categories of users of the module highlighted earlier, the legal basis for processing is defined by the provisions of GDPR in Art. 6 (1) lit. a, namely the consent of the data subject.
- What information is collected and what are the methods of collecting this information?
The following information is directly collected from users and processed:
- First and Last Name;
- Paper IDs;
- Your presence at Gala Dinner;
- Dietary preferences;
The data mentioned above is collected from each individual data subject through the completion of an online form.
- The purpose of data collection
You are informed that ASE acts as the Data Controller of the personal data that you, the data subjects from the aforementioned categories, provide in order for ASE to ensure the implementation of the EMAC 2024 conference and the functionality of the Registration module within the dedicated project platform.
- What do we do with this information - what does the processing of the personal data in question involve?
- Statistical processing of data;
- Creating physical and/or electronic support materials (badges, participation certificates, scientific and academic recognition diplomas, etc.).
- Handling requests/complaints regarding the exercise of rights provided by current legislation concerning your personal data processing;
- Providing responses to your requests;
- Managing any other inquiries, complaints, suggestions;
- Ensuring the security of the information infrastructure used within the EMAC 2024 platform;
- Ensuring the security and protection of the personnel designated by ASE to manage the EMAC 2024 platform.
The online filled form by the data subjects are accessible to ASE employees who work on administering/operating the EMAC 2024 platform, authorized by ASE to process the personal data collected from the data subjects.
Data storage takes place in Romania, at the headquarters of ASE, on equipment owned/managed by ASE.
- The transfer of personal data to third parties
If third parties request the transmission of this data, they must justify the necessity of such processing by invoking mandatory legal provisions that can be opposed by ASE.
ASE does not exclude the possibility that such personally identifiable data thus processed may be requested to be made available to other authorities or public institutions in any of the following situations:
(a) it is provided for by a legal provision;
(b) it protects the rights of ASE or its affiliates;
(c) it is necessary for establishing, exercising, or defending the rights of ASE in court, as well as in any other judicial proceedings;
(d) it prevents a crime or protects national security;
(e) it protects the safety of the individual or public safety
- The transfer of personal data to third countries.
"The term 'third country' refers to a state located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The following situations are considered:
- those third countries for which the European Commission has adopted a decision regarding the adequacy of the level of protection;
- those third countries for which there is no European Commission decision regarding the adequacy of the level of protection, where the legislation of these countries might not be equivalent to EU legislation regarding the protection of the rights of data subjects concerning their personal data.
There might be a need to transfer personal data from the EMAC 2024 platform to third countries in cases where platform users are buyers or participants located in third countries' territories.
For such situations, the transfer of personal data is carried out in accordance with the provisions of GDPR Art. 49(1), the first paragraph, letters from 'a' to 'f', inclusive.
- The duration of data storage
The data collected will be kept throughout the entire operation period of the EMAC 2024 module.
Deletion of personal data belonging to users will occur upon the explicit request of the individuals within this category.
For this purpose, the data subject will send an email to the contact address email@example.com, requesting the deletion of their personal data.
The actual deletion of data refers to its electronic representation.
For data related to payment transactions and for which the legislation applicable to tax/financial obligations specifies certain retention periods for supporting documents, physical documents will be retained for the duration stipulated by relevant legal provisions.
Users are hereby informed that their deletion requests are addressed by the actual deletion of only their personally identifiable information.
Without this personally identifiable information, the usage history of the application/module by these users is considered as a set of anonymized data, based on which the identity of the data subjects cannot be established.
Users in the participant category are hereby informed that their deletion requests are addressed by the actual deletion of only their personally identifiable information, except for data that has become public through the creation of scientific materials (journals with ISSN, event programs, book of article abstracts), as well as data entered international scientific databases. These data will remain or become the responsibility of the respective journals and databases indefinitely.
ASE reserves the right to use anonymized datasets throughout the operational duration of the EMAC 2024 platform.
- The risks to which the data subjects expose themselves if they refuse the processing of their personal data
If any data subject from the highlighted categories in this document refuses the processing of their personal data as mentioned earlier, we inform them that this refusal may result in the inability to participate in the EMAC 2024 conference.
- The rights of data subjects
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, data subjects have the following rights: the right of access to data (according to Art. 15 of the GDPR), the right to rectification (according to Art. 16 of the GDPR) in accordance with the applicable legal provisions, the right to erasure of data ('right to be forgotten' – according to Art. 17 of the GDPR), the right to restriction of processing (according to Art. 18 of the GDPR), the right to data portability (according to Art. 20 of the GDPR), the right to object (according to Art. 21 of the GDPR), the right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making (according to Art. 22 of the GDPR), the right to intervention on the data (according to Art. 22, paragraph 3 of the GDPR), the right to lodge a complaint with the National Authority for Personal Data Processing Supervision and/or competent courts (according to Art. 12, paragraph 4 of the GDPR).
At ASE, the Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The processing of personal data highlighted in this document is carried out in accordance with the provisions of GDPR specified in Article 6(1) lit. a, based on the explicit consent expressed by each individual data subject.
Since the processing of personal data highlighted earlier is based on the consent expressed by each individual data subject, any data subject has the right to withdraw their consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on that consent prior to its withdrawal (according to Article 14(2) lit. d of the GDPR).